Iconic Watches: Incredible Breitling Chronomat
From the beginning, it was associated with aviation, but with time, like many other models for pilots, "landed" on the wrists of passengers. This is the Breitling Chronomat - a watch with immense character. You can find Breitling Chronomat watches in the huge collection at Gray and Sons Jewelers, located in Surfside / Miami vis a vis Bal Harbor Shops.
Breitling Chronomat History | Bal Harbour | Coral Gables
Officially, the history of Breitling Chronomat watches began in 1941, but as early as 1940, Breitling filed a patent for a logarithmic slide watch. The timer resembled on-board instruments and, thanks to its sophisticated design, it was easy and quick to use for performing various mathematical calculations or measurements. For example, converting speed from miles to kilometers, calculating fuel consumption, distances in various units or performing such activities like multiplication and division.
Popularity of Breitling Chronomat | Miami | Surfside
The functionality and usability of Chronomat as a miniature, the mechanical computer was appreciated not only by the pilots for which it was created but also engineers and technicians of various specialties (moreover, since 1945 it was advertised as a model for athletes, mathematicians, and engineers).
Breitling Chronomat Versions | Miami Beach | Hollywood
The watch is available in several variations: with different cases and dials, but the same mechanism worked in all of them, i.e. the hand-wound Venus 175 caliber with a 45-minute counter at 3 o'clock and a small second hand at 9 o'clock.
All versions of Breitling Chronomat watches are offered by Gray & Sons - the most trusted company in Florida, as well as throughout the USA – Miami, New York, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco. We have almost the entire Breitling watch collection and most certainly, everyone will find their respective model.
Used Breitling Chronomat Models | Aventura | Brickell Ave | Dallas
- In 1942, a year after the first Chronomat was released, Breitling showed the Chronomat Moon Phase variant with additional Moon phase indications (their indicator was at noon).
- The most popular versions were steel, but Breitling also offered variants in a gold envelope, which often had a nicer decorated Venus 175 mechanism, as evidenced by the engraved inscription "Premier".
- In its next incarnation, the watch got in 1968 a new case with the company's patented ring designed especially for the Chronomat model
- Created in 1989 for sailors, Chronomat Yachting with a modified Valjoux 7750 caliber and a countdown function (the counter was at 12 o'clock). This version was produced until the mid-1990s.
- An interesting variant was also the Blackbird Chronomat shown in 1996, named after the SR-71 Blackbird aircraft, which was proved by inscription on the dial and matted steel envelope.
- In 2011, the 47-mm version of the Chronomat GMT (the envelope has a water resistance of up to 50 atm) joined the Chronomat family with easy-to-use time displays of two zones operated by a mechanism created in its manufacture
Breitling Chronomat Models that You Will Find at Gray & Sons | Fort Lauderdale | West Palm Beach
- Breitling Chronomat B01 42 with a case with a diameter of 42 millimeters, where the casing is made of stainless steel and the dials are silver, copper, or blue, with contrasting black chronograph counters.
- The Bentley Chronomat, also available as part of the new collection, is the model that Breitling is celebrating a partnership with the great British luxury car brand
- Breitling Frecce Tricolori from 1983 - a model that inspired the creation of the Chronomat watch introduced a year later on the 100th anniversary of the brand
Breitling Chronomat enthusiasts who visit the Gray and Sons showroom should pay attention to the version with the crown, buttons, and telescope made of 18ct yellow gold.
Each Breitling Chronomat model from Gray and Sons offers features that make it instantly recognizable | Chicago | New York
- The characteristic rotating telescope with protrusions not only protects the glass but also facilitates its manipulation
- Tabs at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock, according to the original, are exchangeable, so the user can use them for the "counting" or "countdown" function
- Recognizable Rouleaux stainless steel bracelet with butterfly clasp
Where to Buy Used Breitling Chronomat | Illinois | Bay Harbor Island
Gray and Sons Jewelers is a secondary market leader throughout Florida, especially in Miami, Coral Gables, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Aventura, Hollywood, and West Palm Beach.
Our online store is a safe space where you can discover the rare highest quality Breitling watches.
Check used Breitling Chronomat from the Gray and Sons collection for the best, classic, and unique pre-owned Breitling watches. You will find us in Surfside vis a vis Bal Harbor Shops.
Our experts will help you choose the perfect pre-owned Breitling watch.